Thursday, September 1, 2011

Relax, Reflect, Recharge

So...I know it's been such a long time since my last post... The past year and a half or so has been strange for me.
After my mom passed away I began an unexpected  journey of grief. Not that grief was unexpected but the process was a surprise to me.I still can't fully articulate it but I can describe  the state of unfocus ,feelings of  confusion and fears that frequented my thoughtlife. Everyone takes this journey when they lose someone they love and cherish but to each I believe it is a unique experience in which there are no rules or deadlines. Only the passing of time and conversations with my Creator and Savior have allowed me to sift through the feelings and truths and remain in His arms forever changed.

The journey is not over..but I think for me... I am no longer stuck in "neutral".

That's not say that I know where I am going...but I do know that the same God that took me through the past year and a half is the one I will continue to follow!

Lately, I've been meeting Him in the book of Proverbs.
Wisdom is what I desire... and I have read much of it before but this time with new eyes..He is showing me where I fall short...what He wants to change in me.

I spent the past week or so with my family at the beach..probably the most restful ( for my soul) vacation I have ever had. I dug into Proverbs every morning yearning to know Him more and He met me there...filling my mind and heart with His truths and direction for the next leg of my journey.

We all spent time reading, napping, biking, walking, laughing, chatting, eating, instagramming & playing. I am acutely grateful for the ones God has given me to journey with.

Now, I am recharged and ready to see what He has in store!

Where are you headed? Who are you following? Who and What do you love?
Not just rhetorical! Please do share...when we do we encourage one another and spur one another on to continue to journey on the road that He has before us!

May there be Joy ( great Joy)  in your Journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment