Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Grace, Grace, God's Grace

Do you catch yourself making remarks about other peoples driving? Or others behavior? I will confess that I do have a habit of commenting about the drivers around me when they appear to do really dumb things!

Isn't it funny ( not funny HaHA) but funny interesting how God sometimes uses our own shortcomings to help to make us sensitive to the world around us. Don't know what I mean!

Well today I completely and totally by accident cut someone off while I was getting on the freeway. I felt so stupid that I didn't even want to look at the guy as he passed me and I'm sure had a piercing look to pass along as well!

Still don't see the pebble?
We sometimes have no idea what's going on in the minds and hearts of others but we're (or I am) pretty quick to become offended when we think they've crossed a line.

Two things come to mind...

1) The God of the universe sent His son to die for ALL my sins.
His gracious gift is so huge by comparison to the litle bit of grace that I need to extend to others.

and

2) comes from Proverbs 12:16...A foolish man shows his anoyance at once. A prudent man overlooks an insult.

No comments:

Post a Comment