Saturday, June 5, 2010

He is perfect and I am not!

As my children have grown and matured into adulthood I have sharpened perspective on how God brought me through those challenging early parenting experiences. I didn't always see what He was teaching me or that He was using me. Sometimes it felt like I was in the desert! I spent alot of time on my knees. What I know now is that He was completely faithful. In spite of my weaknesses and shortcomings, He worked through me, showing me how to discipline, how to love, forgive, teach. In fact He gave me everything I needed to do the job before me. Even when I didn't see it or understand it ( or sometimes even trust Him). Parenting has been such a gift to me and I thank Him everyday for the privelege.
The Pebble in this today.... the wonderfully mature, God inspired way that both of my girls make decisions, nurture relationships and love each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment