Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Mapquest your day!

I retreated to the mountains this past weekend with a wonderful group of ladies. God knew that I was going to need a "safe harbor" this year and in September He plopped me into this bible study group that has become exactly that.

Psalm 63:1-3 really spoke to me as we studied Gods' word together this weekend.

Joy in the Fellowship of God. A Psalm of David when he was in the wilderness of Judah.
O God, You are my God; Early I will seek you; My sould thirsts for You; My flesh longs for you in a dry and thirsty land where there is no water.



I fellowship with God, I seek His face... but was struck by what David was actually saying here.





God fashions our circumstances and orders my steps... He wants to meet me early ( in the morning) in order to equip me for the day because He already knows what I am going to need and He wants to give it to me!

Would you ever think of getting in your car to start a journey without knowing how to get to your destination. Of course not!and God doesn't wants us to journey into our day without His directions for us either!




He wants to teach me :


Psalm 143:10-11


Teach me to do your will, For you are my God;Your spirit is good, Lead me in the land of uprightness



Psalm 86:11


Teach me your way, O Lord; Iwill walk in your truth; Unite my heart to fear your name



Psalm 25:4-5


Show me ways, O Lord; Teach me your paths. Lead me in your truth and teach me, For you are the God of my salvation; On you I will wait all day long .



None of that can happen unless I get out of bed and open His word and Seek His face.



When He is just my Savior, I seek Him only when I need to be rescued. When He is my Lord I call out to Him early every day because I know only He can teach me, revive me , order my steps and provide for and protect me!

So many pebbles in His truths! Hope you'll find some today as well!
God Bless you on your journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment